Are you engaged in Internet sales in California? In light of changes to sales and use tax that became effective in April, some retailers may not be certain if they must collect and pay over sales and use tax based on aspects of their businesses. The CA Dept. of Tax and Fee Administration has updated Publication 109 (Internet Sales) to add clarity on many issues. One key change is the addition of details that defines what “engaged in business” in CA means and doesn’t mean. For example, “Offering merchandise for sale over the phone, by mail order, or online will generally not, by itself, cause a retailer to be engaged in business in CA.” Go to https://bit.ly/2OClJka and scroll down. If you have questions or would like more info, please contact your Linkenheimer CPA.
- How to Research a Business Customer’s Creditworthiness
- Certain California Residents May Soon Be Contacted By a State Tax Agency
- Uncle Sam May Provide Relief from College Costs on Your Tax Return
- 5 Ways to Withdraw Cash from Your Corporation While Avoiding Dividend Treatment
- For Best Results, Start Your Strategic Planning Early
2015 2016 2017 2018 2019 agi benefits business CA california charity community contributions cpa credit deadline deduct deduction deductions disaster employee expense expenses federal filing income ira irs Linkenheimer medical planning property relief retirement santa rosa sonoma county strategy tax tax credit tax deadline taxes taxpayer tax planning tcja w-2