As we look into the future and the rebuilding of our county begins, we are faced with uncertainty and questions. We have compiled some common insurance questions and tips and hope that these will help throughout the process. If you have any questions, please let us know. We are also hosting three seminars in November on disaster relief and the impact on taxes and your business. For more info or too sign up, please click here.
1. Be pro-active in the claim process and keep good notes.
2. You’re not on a level playing field when you’re dealing with an insurance claim.
3. Don’t pad or exaggerate your claim.
4. Give your insurance company a chance to do the right thing, but don’t mistake a friendly representative for a friend.
5. Document and support your claim with proof, details and estimates.
6. Present clear requests in writing that explain what you need, when you need it, and why you’re entitled to it.
7. Think of your insurance claim as a business negotiation—you’re dealing with a for-profit company.
8. Don’t sign legal documents without consulting with a qualified attorney. There are many local attorneys who […]